[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Questions about proofreading.

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jim Siewert <jesiewert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 19:04:10 +0000

Hi Jim,

Illustrations should be removed. We unfortunately cannot process books with
images at this time, though it is something we are working towards. You should
delete them. If any have captions included in the image itself, the captions
should be retyped and placed in brackets.

Section breaks are fine, and our converter handles them exactly the same as
page breaks. You do not need to worry about converting them to page breaks.

Please let me know if you still have questions about this book. To post to the
discussion list, simply send an email to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As for Poet, we are currently not giving out book ID numbers to individuals.
We're actually restructuring the volunteer process at the moment in order to
get entire books completed with the highest quality image descriptions. Right
now we're only working with groups of people, but I'll let you know when we've
figured how to manage the individual volunteers and their work. I apologize
that this is taking so long. We are working hard to make sure that this new
structure is the most productive and sustainable, so it is taking some time to
hash that out.

Best,

Madeleine