[bksvol-discuss] Re: More Questions about proofreading.

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:37:15 -0500

#
I've often wondered about that myself. I often run into books where the page numbers appear at the top except on pages where a new chapter starts and then they are at the bottom. Just to be sure I move them to the top.
On 11/19/2013 4:34 PM, Judy s. wrote:
Hi Madeleine, I just re-read these and a clarification question popped into my head on one of them, the one that says "Page numbers should be consistent throughout the text but they can be at the top or at the bottom of the page."

I want to make sure I'm interpreting that correctly. That means that the converter works properly if and only if: all the page numbers in a book are consistently at the top of the pages or all the page numbers are consistently at the bottom of all the pages. Is that right?

In other words, the converter doesn't work correctly regarding what it does with page numbers if we submit a book that has all the page numbers, but some are at the top of the pages and some are at the bottom.

I would therefore assume we as volunteers really have two goals regarding page numbering. One, all page numbers must be retained and Two, we should always move page numbers so that they are all at the top of pages, or all at the bottom of pages if within the original printed book they sometimes appear at the top of the pages and sometimes at the bottom.

Correct?

Thanks!

Judy s.