[bksvol-discuss] Re: Looking for Pamela Bortz

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:18:09 -0600

Dear Lynn and Denise;

I did not mean to upset anyone. I am sorry I handled it that way, then.  I had
so many people write me (at least 7 or 8) and to be honest, since my computer
time is limited with an injury to my hip and knees, I did not check to see if
they were private or on the list, and just combined my response to a list
message to reach all who had written to me.  I think the fact it took her a
very long time to reply and she submitted several other books during the time I
got no replies made me concerned others might be similarly affected.  I thought
a list notice was the most expeditious way to handle it, especially since there
appeared to be a history of this problem.

I just want to be sure quality books are getting into the collection since I
get so much flack on other lists from sighted readers about quality.  And, yes,
I tell them to submit quality reports, although I rarely hear back if they do.
I will go back to just proofing from submitters I can easily contact.  Probably
safer that way, even if I work on fewer books.

Valerie