[bksvol-discuss] Re: If text is too good

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:05:05 -0400 (EDT)

Paula

Your approach sort of reminds me of the medieval monks who painstakingly
copied scrolls for preservation for future generations. And, this is how I've always thought is how one would get ultimately great copies into scanned etexts particularly if the intent was first and foremost scanning for the benefit of others.

Can you give me some idea, for a typical book, how long it takes you to go through the whole process from laying the first page on the scanner to finally hitting the submission key on the BookShare site.
I ask the question out of admiration and in no way wish to demean those who submit stuff they happened to do just for themselves.