[bksvol-discuss] Re: If text is too good

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:38:41 -0500

Mike,

    I'm afraid Cindy is right about it being impossible to say how long it
takes me to prepare a book for Bookshare. I work on books a little at a
time, and depending on what else is going on, I might go weeks without
working on anything. Like Cindy, I scan books I want to read, and then edit
as I read. I have finished editing several books, but haven't submitted
them, because I'm waiting for a sighted person to go over them. Since that
process is time consuming, it's hard to motivate family members to do
it--though my older children will sometimes proovread for extra money
(smile).

    As far as scanning, if you haven't already purchased software, I highly
recommend K1000. It has a number of features, such as Scanning Optimization,
that can save you a lot of time and frustration.

Regards,
Paula