[bksvol-discuss] Re: If text is too good

  • From: Nolan Crabb <aa3go@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:50:34 -0700

At 10:58 AM 9/3/2004, you wrote:

but the idea that you have is good
I think, to put your suspition of it in the comments field. Wish I had
thought of doing that myself.

Well, folks, this is about the most bizarre list I've ever been on. I've read pensively and sometimes even with real concern, messages here wherein many almost shrilly cry for higher quality. Then, when that quality is achieved, others express suspicion that something is somehow illegal about the submission.

In the case of Deborah Stein's submission, her tremendous ability as a rather well-known author, assuming this is indeed the Deborah Stein from the Chicago area, makes her a logical candidate for submitting a book that's nearly perfect. After all, an author whose books have been published by major publishing houses is going to understand the value of well edited work.

I've no idea who did I Robot, but people, let's try celebrating the quality rather than raising questions about the legality of the submission. And better yet, let's be professional enough to contact the submitter directly with concerns where possible rather than engaging in destructive speculation on the list.

Nolan Crabb