[bksvol-discuss] Re: I made you a list of books kicked back to step one!

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:31:06 -0500

Hi, Pratik. I don't think I was very clear on my thinking here. I was attempting to describe the relationship between us and Gustavo as well as trying to explain that there is a breakdown in communication between us at a few points. When I said that Gustavo has very little contact with volunteers, I was thinking along the lines of both an automated form as well as some sort of clear instruction for volunteers when we've had a book kicked back. I do not expect Gustavo to hang out on this list constantly or write each of us a detailed letter. I do think Gustavo's comments can be somewhat cryptic at times, and I don't know if he understands why we perceive him in this way. An automated form would clear up some step 1 confusion. However, some of the confusion comes from volunteers not understanding why a book is being kicked back. I had to upload one of my validations 3 times before I figured out what Gustavo wanted, and I've been around here for awhile. I do agree that an automated response system is the way to go and would welcome it wholeheartedly.

Monica Willyard

At 03:50 AM 1/2/2007, you wrote:
Monika,

WE are actively seeking to have bookshare address some of the automated
notification concerns.  As I understand it, gustavo approved more than 6
thousand books in 2006.  This includes the BSO books along with the new
collection of spanish as well as new submissions.  If anything, I may be
underestimating the total number of approvals.  We can all agree that it
would be pretty difficult for Gustavo to contact people on an individual
basis.  An automated notification system is more appropriate and will serve
the needs.

Pratik