[bksvol-discuss] Re: I made you a list of books kicked back to step one!

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:20:10 -0500

In the case of the book in question, the kes copy of falcanelli is in great shape. The fifty cents qhich somebody can get quickly is for this book and the procedure applies ONLYTO THIS BOOK. I said that as the book in question is in great shape and I am heartily sick of uploading it only to have it come back and come back. So I invite anybody at all to work on this problem as I do not intend to do so. I also do not intend to take the book, change its format to rtt to rtf from kes and email it privately to somebody so somebody without k1000 can upload it. This has been suggested to me off list by volunteers. Bookshare SPECIFICALY ASKS US NOT TO DO THIS.

E.
At 11:18 AM 1/3/2007, you wrote:
That is true that if the original validator kept his
validated copy, he (or she) could go back to the step
one list and fix the tiny error.

But the real problem is that when a book with an error
in the title, author or copyright is kicked back, the
original copy gets kicked back. And another validator
cannot just fix the problem Gustavo is asking to have
fixed unless he or she also wants to completely
validate the book again.

It either has to be kicked back to the original
validator or it has to be completely validated again.
E. was saying that someone could just get a quick 50
cent credit for fixing what Gustavo wants fixed. And
while that is true, an unvalidated book would be
uploaded unless the person BOTH fixes what Gustavo
wants fixed, AND validates the book.

When it is kicked back to step one, the validated copy
needs to be kicked back to step one, or else it needs
to be kicked back only to the validator.

Jamie in Michigan