[bksvol-discuss] Re: I made you a list of books kicked back to step one!

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 00:15:20 -0500

Jared, you're not alone in scratching your head. I have asked the same questions, and I have finally just stopped asking because there doesn't seem to be an answer. These issues rear their ugly heads once in awhile, and we propose solutions. That's as far as it gets because we're told that Bookshare needs a developer to code the proposed solutions. The parent company of Bookshare is actively seeking 3 developers for work on such projects. I hope this sheds some small amount of light on the situation.

Monica Willyard

At 10:16 PM 1/1/2007, you wrote:
Erm, newby volunteer asking what is likely a lame question...

If Gustavo has checked the book to the point of noticing tiny inaccuracies like this, why not just take the two seconds required to rectify them and then finish the process? Sending it back to the validators just to add a semicolon, extend a book's title to reflect it's actual true title, etc. seems sort of counterproductive.

Sorry if this (A) has been asked before, (B) is stepping on proverbial toes, or (C) displays some other factor of which I am ignorant. The general gist I've gotten after observing posts over the last couple of days is that quite a few books have been kicked back for these pretty basic housecleaning sorts of things. This combined with the somewhat ambiguous notices left as explanations for kick backs and the lack of direct notice to the validator for such a small discrepancy is leaving me scratching my head.

Jared