[bksvol-discuss] Re: Be mindful

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:52:25 -0800 (PST)

I do not carefully validate appendices or
bibliographies or indexes. Well--I ake that back--it
depends on what the appendix is. If it's written in
paragraphs and is interesting I will validate it.
Otherwise I'll just spell-check it.

My feeling about indices and bibliographies is that
they are usable as they are, whether one is listening,
using braille or is sighted--probably easier for a
listener; I don't know about Braille. However, I do
always put in the long synopsis that if a reader needs
a perfected index or bibliography to let me know and I
will get the book and provide it--and I leave my email
address. I haven't been asked to do that yet, so
either no one is reading the books with those that
I've validated or they are usable as is.

G.Cindy