[bksvol-discuss] Re: Be mindful

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 22:22:29 -0500

Jamie, your unread books are usually cleaner than the books I get where the person says that they have read the book. I play a game with myself to find just 3 scannos in your books so I can feel like I earned my validation credits. Pretty silly game, huh? (grin) Seriously, I think it makes more sense for a person to comment if they have read every word because telling someone you haven't read your book implies that you don't know what it's quality is. In your case, you spend time proofreading to the point that the only scannos I get to fix are tiny ones a spellchecker might miss like 1 for I. Even those are hard to find, and sometimes I lose my silly little game.

Monica Willyard

Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
I have never, and will never, read every word of my own scans. I do not like to read books on the computer. I do double check every single word that my OCR program highlights as not being in the dictionary and I do page through the finished product and check red and green marked words and phrases (red is a word that Word says is not in the dictionary; green is a phrase that Word says is not grammatically correct). I also do a search for other things, especially if there were things I had to correct a lot during the OCR process, and usually count page numbers as I page through the file. But I will be glad to put in the comments that I have not read every word of the scan just in case anybody chooses not to validate my work on that basis.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Storm against the innocents : Holocaust memories and other stories / by Elly Gross
Bid, Buy or Sell on eBay! <http://www.dpbolvw.net/email-1683725-10357516>