[bksvol-discuss] being gay

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:30:10 -0800 (PST)

In my opinion, it's nobody's business whether two
people of the same gender are straight friends or a
gay couple. Of course when I was younger, indeed until
the last couple of decades, no thought of that when
they saw two people of the same gender living
together. Especially with young adults, it was assumed
to be friends sharing an apartment for financial
reasons--or just friends being friends.

It seems almost everyone I know has one adult child
who is gay or bisexual--mostly gay. My younger own
daughter apparently is bi. After having had reasonably
long-time relationships with men, she just broke up
with her female partner after almost 10 years and is
now dating men again. And to my surprise, I found out
that bisexuals are looked down upon by gays, at least
by lesbians. I wish people could be more tolerant of
one another and accept each other regardless of sexual
orientation, race, religion, political beliefs, and
anything else. I keep thinking of Rodney King's
plaint, "Why can't we all just get along?"

G.Cindy

P.S. Monica, in New York those horns were probably
being positive and not negative, though your cousin,
and perhaps you, probably didn't like the assumption
anyway. I'm sorry it was bothersome.