[bksvol-discuss] Re: Be mindful

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:12:14 -0600

Well, first of all, no, I don't, but when a discussion goes on like this
repeatedly--and it does with often good reason--even people who are good start
to question whether they are doing enough. I have a sense that many if not most
of the people who really need to hear this aren't; others who don't need to
hear it might be and some will take it personally. There has already been
evidence of this.

As for appendices, when I asked about it before I was told it ought to be
fixed; therefore, I have not sent up the book. I would have to fix it, a
validator would have to, or no one would fix it, and I'm not sure how much
difference it would make. But what I mean by preaching to the choir is what I
said: the people who are really paying attention to this are the ones who
already do well and are beginning to question whether they may be appreciated.
I think that the proposal should now be sent to Bookshare and that it would be
helpful if we didn't continue it for days, though we will because of when
people get around to reading messages. That's just my opinion though and it's
OK with me if others don't share it, just as it is OK with others if I don't
share their opinions.

Cindy Lou Ray