[bksvol-discuss] Re: Be mindful

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:10:10 -0800 (PST)

I have never, and will never, read every word of my own scans. I do not like to
read books on the computer.

  I do double check every single word that my OCR program highlights as not
being in the dictionary and I do page through the finished product and check
red and green marked words and phrases (red is a word that Word says is not in
the dictionary; green is a phrase that Word says is not grammatically correct).

  I also do a search for other things, especially if there were things I had to
correct a lot during the OCR process, and usually count page numbers as I page
through the file.

  But I will be glad to put in the comments that I have not read every word of
the scan just in case anybody chooses not to validate my work on that basis.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Storm against the innocents : Holocaust memories and other
stories / by Elly Gross