[bksvol-discuss] Re: Be mindful

  • From: "Robert Riddle" <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:15:50 -0800

solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx writes:
However, the assertion that, if we don't have time to read our books, we
shouldn't submit them really disturbed me. We are all busy, and we all only
have so much time in the day. So, if I have the time to scan, and someone
else has the time to proofread, why is that a problem? Why should someone be
told not to bother submitting something because he or she doesn't have the
time to proofread it? If that's the case, I'd better stop submitting. Lol.
Ah, but see, your scans aren't ugly. I've seen them; they're well done. We're talking about people who scan and just throw it up there without any further checking whatsoever, people who won't take constructive criticism on how to improve their work. We understand people don't have the time to go through line by line and spot check. But what we don't understand is somebody who won't at least spell check. Only takes a few minutes, folks.