[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 18:35:54 -0600

This was a great weekend with 36 species.  36 is our high count for a
January weekend, since we’ve been keeping these lists.  The sun worked
magic…I spotted the leucistic Red-tailed Hawk, soon after sunrise today.  It
was high in a sycamore tree, about ½ mile to the west, when I first saw it,
but it stood out as a brilliant white spot in the sun.  Otherwise, the
highlights were many and included three Bluebirds at the birdbath this
morning;  Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers on the same oak tree branch, around
noon today; a Mockingbird harassing the Bobwhite covey yesterday (they
scooted after and chased it) and the Shrike gobbling suet.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Canada Goose