[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:21:26 -0600

We counted 42 species at Schochoh this weekend.  Notables were a tardy Palm
Warbler yesterday and then Sandhill Cranes, which I heard this morning but
could not see.  I heard them again this afternoon and, this time, spotted a
flock of 21 gliding to the south, very high, passing west of Schochoh.  I
got a great look at a Fox Sparrow today that appears to be hanging out in
the pond thicket.  For the second time this year, we spotted a Hairy
Woodpecker because it announced its presence by tapping on the deck!?
They're not common here and to have this happen twice this year is
mystifying.  Other notables were an E. Phoebe and a female E. Towhee that
was among the gang of White-crowned and Song Sparrows, around the bush
garden and feeders, today.

Stephen Tyson, Adairville (Schochoh), Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

American Crow

American Goldfinch

American Kestrel