[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 20:01:27 -0500

Our weekend lists from late summer 2014 are proving hard to beat. This
respectable 42 species list is one short of last year. I can't complain
because we counted a first-ever-here Swainson's Thrush yesterday morning,
which brings our house list to 134 species. It was still in the pond
thicket this morning. We counted a FOS Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Redstart
and Northern Parula. There were a few Cedar Waxwings around the Pokeweed
berries all weekend, but yesterday we saw a flock of 20-30 in the trees near
the house, that appeared to be just passing through. This is the seventh
consecutive weekend list that included Gnatcatchers!

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Canada Goose