atw: Re: National Broadband Network and empathy

  • From: "Mark Nebauer" <nebz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:44:25 +1000

Hi Geoffrey,

Interesting thoughts on private/public sectors Geoffrey but I'm still
inclined to think that the private sector is at least subject to the laws of
evolution - it's all about survival of the fittest. This is what should keep
the private sector lean and mean. If private enterprises are getting
sluggish then something is wrong - they are not operating in the real world,
probably because of monopoly-type environments and I think electricity,
transport and water suppliers could fit into this category. There is no such
dynamic in the public sector which makes me surprised to hear your
observations - surely you have also seen a lot of sloth in the hidden
recesses of government departments?

Mark