atw: Re: National Broadband Network and empathy

  • From: Rod Stuart <rod.stuart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 09:53:24 +1000

Right on, Peter. Actually it's a good outcome. Things should run a lot
smoother this week with no government at all!

John Stuart Mill's "On Liberty" was once on the school curriculum. To bad it
isn't now. You will recall that Mill argues that the only thing that keeps
Liberty alive is the regular discussion of issues among the populace. It
encourages people to think. Today folks are more interested in entertainment
than issues and philosophies.

--
Rod Stuart
6 Brickhill Drive