[audio-pals] Re: Top of the line MAC (Desk Top)

  • From: Thomas McMahan <thomas.mcmahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 16:37:19 -0500

Josh, when I bought mine in 2011 it was just over 1800 Dollars, Actually unlike
in the PC world you will not have a lot of selection.  It will be a matter more
of what size you want, and even there you will be looking usually at an option
of two different sizes.  I opted for the 21 inch verses the 27 inch monitor,
but increased the ram instead.  .  The other option is a Mac miny, that is
going to be a smaller computer power wise, and you will have to provide or
purchase a monitor for that one, but those are also less by a long shot money
wise.  I think nowadays also you would have to hook up your own external drive
for cd/dvd drive for a ming too.  The odd thing about a mint though is that it
either must have a monitor hooked on it, or a dummy plug to fake it into
thinking you have a monitor hooked on it, if you don’t it will go flakey on you
and then eventually will just quit, well your Voice over will.

Since desktop modles are a monitor themselves, of course you don’t have to
worry about that.  Someone else will have to enlighten you more about laptops
though, have never had a Mac laptop.  Danny has a mini, so if you all want to
explore that option he can talk to you all about that.  We’ve only had desktops
here

Just checked the page, they have more than two to select from now, the lowest
starts at just over a thou, or just under 1100.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac

Well at least now there’s more choices than back in 2011.