Re: [ARMini-support] DPingScan problem

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 17:03:03 +0000

Hi,

It is not strictly correct to say "there's a problem printing JPEGs", because once a bitmap is loaded into DPScan it is converted to an internal format - when that format is printed then Sprites are generated.

A lot of small strip like sprites...

As to printer drivers - they come in classes, if it works on one class (bitmap) there's no indication it will work on another (PostScript). But if it works on one bitmap printer driver and not another - it points to either a subtle bug or a printer driver inconsistency.

You can enable printer borders in DPScan and that would be interesting, because if what you're printing misses the printable area, printing is going to be quick and blank.

Memory is always a worry - lots of scope to twiddle memory settings in DPScan.

I can imagine that as the size (width in pixels) of the image changes, the strips get more numerous and less in height. One might try scaling the image down before printing.

I'd give SPrinter a go, free, simple, uses no paper.

Jim, you're seeing strips, I wonder if what you're getting is extra space between the strips, or missing strips.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com