Re: [ARMini-support] DPingScan problem

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 08:55:41 +0000 (GMT)

In article <551e83f10achris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Johnson
<chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <551e60f894jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Lesurf
<jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So far as I can recall this is the first time I've tried to print from
DPS since I got my ARMX6.

Is this a know problem that I've missed noticing or forgotten? Or am I
simply doing something wrong?

Can't say I have ever printed directly from DPScan.

Does this happen for every jpeg you try to print?

It did for the ones I tried. I tried rebooting and starting again. Same
results. TW printed fine, DPS didn't. However DPS was fine for displaying
and manupulating files. No sign of other problems.

What result do you get from using SPrinter as the output device?

No idea. Never used/had it.

What version of OS are you using?

5.23. with the current SP applied for ARMX6. i.e. What Andrew would
presumably be expecting me to use at present.

If you are using a Canon printer, then are you using Gutenprint?

Nope. As I think I explained, I'm using Printers 1.83 with an iP4000 driver
definition file. Plus having installed MW's Postscript 3 printing system.

I can work around this by using something else to print out bitmaps. Hence
it's not a disaster from my POV. But something is clearly wrong, so it
would be good to fix it.

Jim

--
Electronics http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm