Re: [ARMini-support] DPingScan problem

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 21:02:32 GMT

In message <551ef4d2dcchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have done a few more tests. It is not limited to the iMX6 hardware.
I get the same behaviour on both the Iyonix and the PandaRO, i.e.
SPrinter works, PS2 works, but inkjet via Gutenprint does not.

In the latter case there is plenty of hourglass activity during the
initial printing phase, so it looks as if strips of the image are
being processed in some way, but once Gutenprint is called no print
is done. Gutenprint reports 2 bytes have been sent to the printer.

I have to use Gutenprint because there is no other driver for my
Epson photo printer, although other apps, including OPro print quite
happily to the inkjet.

Assuming you have the requisite hardware, UniPrint tends to be the
universal panacea for printing problems on RISC OS with inkjet printers.
It'd solve this one with almost 100% certainty.

That said, I'm also intrigued as to why the other printing method fails.
It's really odd.

It sounds like a particular mismatch between !DPSS and a specific class of
!Printers printer. And yet... "Bit image printer" is true for Sprinter,
UniPrint *AND* inkjets like the BJC4100 driver I just loaded now to test.
So... curiouser and curiouser...

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS