Re: [ARMini-support] DPingScan problem

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 10:00:06 +0000 (GMT)

In article <563E2EC7.4000109@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling
<david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

It is not strictly correct to say "there's a problem printing JPEGs",
because once a bitmap is loaded into DPScan it is converted to an
internal format - when that format is printed then Sprites are generated.

Understood.

I can imagine that as the size (width in pixels) of the image changes,
the strips get more numerous and less in height. One might try scaling
the image down before printing.

I did try that. I also tried changing the image to greyscale and some other
things. Same problem, although the widths of the strips and gaps did change
in some cases.

I'll see if any memory settings, etc, have an effect when I get a chance.

I'd give SPrinter a go, free, simple, uses no paper.

OK.

Jim, you're seeing strips, I wonder if what you're getting is extra
space between the strips, or missing strips.

Pass. :-) If the gaps were 'extra' would DPS then go on drawing onto
another sheet of paper?

I'll do some experimenting when I can, but have to do some other things
first.

Jim

--
Electronics http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm