Re: [ARMini-support] DPingScan problem

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 20:10:14 +0000 (GMT)

I have done a few more tests. It is not limited to the iMX6 hardware.
I get the same behaviour on both the Iyonix and the PandaRO, i.e.
SPrinter works, PS2 works, but inkjet via Gutenprint does not.

In the latter case there is plenty of hourglass activity during the
initial printing phase, so it looks as if strips of the image are
being processed in some way, but once Gutenprint is called no print
is done. Gutenprint reports 2 bytes have been sent to the printer.

I have to use Gutenprint because there is no other driver for my
Epson photo printer, although other apps, including OPro print quite
happily to the inkjet.

Never having printed directly from DPScan before, I am not sure what
values should be entered in the x and y origin fields in the print
dialogue, although I am assuming that if SPrinter works, then inkjet
should work the same.

I am using v. 1.83 of !Printers, and RISC OS is fairly recent 5.23 on
all machines.

--
Chris Johnson