Re: [ARMini-support] DPingScan problem

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 16:35:52 +0000 (GMT)

In article <551edc8cd6chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Johnson
<chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have gone back and tried DPScan again with the same result - i.e.
nothing is actually printed. I suspect a 'blank' page (no data) is being
sent to the printer, because of the short time from pressing Print, to
the paper being ejected from the printer. It looks like there is a
problem with DPScan printing to inkjet, whereas printing to sprite or
PS2 is OK.

The symptoms here when I try printing to the Canon printer are different to
above. But of course I've *not* been using Gutenprint.

Here I get horizontal stripes spaced apart by white (no print) gaps. I
guess it is one stripe+fap per head sweep.

Reminds me of the kind of problems we got with old epson dot matrix
printing programs that manages to miss out having some 'pins' work because
the series of values was garbled. Some sort of mapping error.

Jim

--
Electronics http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm