[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma reading with Spyder 3.

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:10:53 +0100

Hi,

what settings do you use specifically?

Am 05.11.2010 18:58, schrieb Darzur:
Hello Guys,

Since the beginning of my journey with Argyll I'm getting strange
gamma reading results. My monitor is in general factory calibrated at
quite good level and when I'm examining test patterns like this:

http://monitory.mastiff.pl/temp/rzeznik.png
http://monitory.mastiff.pl/images/220.png

I'm getting very good results - patterns are almost uniform gray. Of
course there is slight coloration here and there, but in general
result is good what proves that monitor is very close to G2.2. For
Argyll I'm using DispcalGUI and when I'm starting "Report on
calibrated display device" it always shows gamma 2.09 - 2.1. When I
calibrate to G2.2 target with dispcal I'm always getting quite strong
correction to LUTs and after such calibration test patterns looks
really bad. They have strong coloration so I'm far from G2.2 after
calibration. It's worth noting that function "5) Check all" in dispcal
menu returns quite good values - Target Near Black error is 0.4% and
Target 50% Level error varies from -0.5% to 0.5% (with target gamma
G2.2). I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I was thinking that
something is wrong with my Spyder but it behaves the same at various
brightness levels (80 - 320cd/m^2) so it's probably OK.

Regards
--
Florian Höch