[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma reading with Spyder 3.

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:52:19 +0100

Am 05.11.2010 19:38, schrieb Darzur:
On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:10:53 +0100, Florian Höch
<lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

what settings do you use specifically?

I'ts dispcal
-yl
-X "my correction matrix.ccmx"
-qm
-t (for native whitepoint)
-G2.2 (Absolute gamma 2.2, setting it to relative G2.2 gives worse
results)

I wouldn't use -G if you're interested in matching the requested gamma more closely, usually you want 'relative' ie. -g (please see the dispcal documentation for the difference).

-f0 (tried various values)
-k0
-A4.0

It sets my target to absolute gamma 2.2, native whitepoint, native
brightness, native black level, no black output offset, no blackpoint
correction, medium quality. I'm wondering if my ccmx file may
influence gamma readings.

Have you tried without correction matrix? What screen model is it, and where did the ccmx file come from? Is it a wide-gamut screen?

Regards
--
Florian Höch