[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma reading with Spyder 3.

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 20:36:53 +0100

Am 05.11.2010 20:17, schrieb Darzur:
On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:52:19 +0100, Florian Höch
<lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I wouldn't use -G if you're interested in matching the requested gamma
more closely, usually you want 'relative' ie. -g (please see the dispcal
documentation for the difference).

I've tried -g but then is even worse.

Meaning more colorization, lighter, darker...?

Have you tried without correction matrix? What screen model is it, and
where did the ccmx file come from? Is it a wide-gamut screen?

Yes it's wide gamut - EIZO S2243W. ccmx is created at the base of
factory profile - I still didn't got any spectro. But it looks like

Hmm, I don't imagine a ccmx file created in such a way will yield good results.

there is no difference - with or without ccmx it reports display gamma
as 2.09. I don't know - maybe creation of ccmx using spectro will

It shouldn't affect the gamma afaik.

straighten this error, but as far as I know ccmx is only for spectral
characteristics correction. I've noticed also that readings from

Sure, but as the whitepoint as well as the calibration graybalance is a mixture of the primaries, it can be affected by the correction matrix (ie. it could affect the colorization you mentioned).

Spyder are very slow - especially updates during OSD whitepoint
correction ( point 2) in dispcal menu). I feel that 1.3.0 was
considerably faster, but I can't check it as I've deleted old files.

Old Argyll releases are still downloadable if you know the version, eg.
http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.3.0_linux_x86_bin.tgz
http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.3.0_osx10.3_ppc_bin.tgz
http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.3.0_win32_exe.zip

Regards