[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma reading with Spyder 3.

  • From: Darzur <zurdar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:20:43 +0100

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:46:18 +0100, Niccol? Belli
<darkbasic4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I really don't know why so many peoples buy the Spyder3:
>- it's slow as hell
>- it's terrible with dark patches
>- it's as expensive as the Eye-One Display v2 which is alot better

I don't own i1D so I can't compare, but I've asked here and there and
it looks like Spyder3 and i1D are totally comparable. I bought my
Spyder for half the price of i1D so it was no brainer.
When it goes to spectro vs colorimeters - after calibration
colorimeter should not be worse than spectro for a particular
display/colorimeter combination. Of course accuracy of cheap
colorimeters may suffer with filter aging, but for my needs it will be
enough to check it once a year against reference instrument.
--
best regards,
darzur