[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma reading with Spyder 3.

  • From: Darzur <zurdar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 21:09:07 +0100

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 20:36:53 +0100, Florian Höch
<lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Meaning more colorization, lighter, darker...?

It's considerably darker so more colorization is visible on test
patterns. LUTs are affected more than with -G.

>Hmm, I don't imagine a ccmx file created in such a way will yield good
>results.

Yes, I know. But I didn't borrow spectro yet, and such correction look
better than nothing.

>It shouldn't affect the gamma afaik.
>Sure, but as the whitepoint as well as the calibration graybalance is a
>mixture of the primaries, it can be affected by the correction matrix
>(ie. it could affect the colorization you mentioned).

It shouldn't as colorization on those pathes depends on gamma only.
But it looks like I have to wait for some spectro. Then I'll know if
my Spyder is wrong.

>Old Argyll releases are still downloadable if you know the version, eg.
>http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.3.0_linux_x86_bin.tgz
>http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.3.0_osx10.3_ppc_bin.tgz
>http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.3.0_win32_exe.zip

Thanks. :)