[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma reading with Spyder 3.

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 20:44:00 +0100

Am 09.11.2010 20:33, schrieb Darzur:
On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 20:14:09 +0100, Florian Höch
<lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

From my own tests I can only say that using -qv has a very visible
impact on the brightness distribution (and also the curve shape if
plotted, it always seems to sway, even on my own screen quite similar to
the screenshot you posted). You really get what you ask for :)

Ok, I see. :) Of course I'll repeat this with very high quality and
will see if it improves my results considerably. Main reason of using
-qv is short calibration time (ca. 15 mins) while -qh takes over 2
hours.

I think even -ql (or -qm) should already be considerably different from -qv, so that can be used to cut some time if you want some testing before going for -qh (also, if you're using -f0, I'd highly recommend -g2.2 instead of -G2.2, because the latter will probably be a bit lighter than expected. Or, use -f1. In that case, the difference between -g and -G seems to be quite small).

--
Florian Höch