[argyllcms] Re: Wrong gamma reading with Spyder 3.

  • From: Darzur <zurdar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 20:17:32 +0100

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:52:19 +0100, Florian Höch
<lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I wouldn't use -G if you're interested in matching the requested gamma
>more closely, usually you want 'relative' ie. -g (please see the dispcal
>documentation for the difference).

I've tried -g but then is even worse.

>Have you tried without correction matrix? What screen model is it, and
>where did the ccmx file come from? Is it a wide-gamut screen?

Yes it's wide gamut - EIZO S2243W. ccmx is created at the base of
factory profile - I still didn't got any spectro. But it looks like
there is no difference - with or without ccmx it reports display gamma
as 2.09. I don't know - maybe creation of ccmx using spectro will
straighten this error, but as far as I know ccmx is only for spectral
characteristics correction. I've noticed also that readings from
Spyder are very slow - especially updates during OSD whitepoint
correction ( point 2) in dispcal menu). I feel that 1.3.0 was
considerably faster, but I can't check it as I've deleted old files.
--
best regards,
darzur