[argyllcms] Re: White Point

  • From: Elle Stone <ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 19:33:44 -0400

On 09/20/2015 03:07 PM, Hening Bettermann wrote:

Hi!

I have created icc profiles with colprof and the CC Passport target. The
options used were -v -Zr -qh -aX -u. My understanding was that -u would allow
whites to be mapped outside the lightest patch of the target. But I find that
the target white patch is rendered as 100% white (255 in stead of 244). What am
I missing?

Best regards - Hening

That target doesn't have very many patches, not enough, it seems to me, for a LUT profile ("-qh -aX").

I wrote up some considerations about what kind of camera input profile to make for various purposes (critiques are very welcome!): http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/camera-profiles-applied.html#lut-profiles-vs-matrix-profiles

Maybe try "-am", using the procedure in this article to fix the white point? http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/well-behaved-camera-profile.html

Best,
Elle
--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Color management and free/libre photography