[argyllcms] Re: White Point

  • From: Richard Kirk <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 17:42:22 +0000

On 11/09/2015 05:36 PM, Hening Bettermann wrote:

On 09 Nov 2015, at 14:29h, Elle Stone <ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This article has interesting take regarding the various color spaces:
http://colour-science.org/blog_about_rgb_colourspace_models_performance.php
Best,
Elle
Hi Elle,

thank you for chiming in. The article you link to is far above my head. All I
understand is that I see BetaRGB on top of a ΔE table. But maybe that's also
enough for a normal mortal ;-) ?

The paper is measuring the deltaE values against the CIE standard observer. If they had put DCI XYZ in the table, it would have come out with a deltaE of zero. This doesn't make it perfect. In fact, as the CIE 1931 standard observer includes a factor that makes purple look like red+blue, you might be better off matching using the CIE2015 LMS standard (better check the date, it has been about to come out since 2007).

Cheers.
Richard Kirk