[argyllcms] Re: White Point

  • From: Hening Bettermann <hein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 00:00:34 +0200

On 14 Oct 2015, at 19:17h, Elle Stone <ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, the expert on black traps and lighting is Ben Goren. My article has
links to some of his very helpful posts on the topic.

I don't think you really want to get scanin to recognize the black and white
patches, but hopefully someone else will chime in if I'm wrong. Rather you
use those patches to help set the raw color interpolated target chart's black
and white points. And then you add "synthetic" or perfect black and white
extra lines to the ti3 file:

Hi Elle,

thank you for your very fast reply. I think I understand. I will check the
links in your article asap. Yes I have added synthetic black and white to the
.ti3.

Thanks again. Hening.