[argyllcms] Re: White Point

  • From: Hening Bettermann <hein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 18:52:52 +0200

On 27 Sep 2015, at 17:00h, Hening Bettermann <hein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now I want to improve my general purpose camera profile even further. I have
bought a roll of white thread sealing tape and a meter of black velvet. When I
see your (Elle Stones) setup for shooting the target
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/camera-profile-make-target-shot.html
I get 2 questions:
1- How do I talk scanin into recognising the added black and white patches as
part of the pattern? (the ColorChecker Passport in my case).
2- The light I will be using is 2 Solux lamps at a 45° angle. The vertical
distance from the lamps to the target is 55 cm (22 inches). Would it not be
preferable to make the black trap a good deal deeper than approximately 10 cm
(4 inches) ? Ideally to a place behind the lamps (towards the camera)? And
could/should they be placed outside the target surface that I try to illuminate
as even as possible? I mean they should ideally not be illuminated at all - ?
Thank you for your advice! - Hening.