[24hoursupport] Re: Will firewall be sufficient if WEP is disabled?

  • From: Fuzzy Logic <fuzzymo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:50:24 -0400

Either you are confusing your terms, or you are still setting up the
laptop incorrectly.

When you generate the keys from the passphrase, you should see four
identical keys, so that's good.

When you are setting up your laptop, you should be entering a key, not
a passphrase. It might be under advanced options or something similar,
but you definately want to enter a key, not a passphrase on the
laptop.

More importantly, you end by saying that you can connect to the
router's configuration after you have rebooted. Am I correct in
understanding this is WITH WEP enabled? Or is it without? If you have
WEP enabled, and you are able to connect to the router, then that
means that you're successfully connected to the router, and you simply
need to set your router to act as a DHCP server and set your PC's
internet settings to "Automatically obtain an address".

Hope that helps.

Fuzzy
--
"Men may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do."
*Lewis Cass {1782-1866 American Politician}