[24hoursupport] Re: Will firewall be sufficient if WEP is disabled?

  • From: Fuzzy Logic <fuzzymo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:42:27 -0400

Right, and people _can_ sniff anything that goes out over the radio
waves, except obviously when you are in a secure session with a
website (https).

Passphrase generation is your problem. Generate the passphrase on one
system or the other, then take the 26 digit hexadecimal number
generated and use that on the other side. The method by which the
router generates the hex value from the passphrase is almost assuredly
different from the way that windows does it.

Fuzzy
--
"Men may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do."
*Lewis Cass {1782-1866 American Politician}