[24hoursupport] Will firewall be sufficient if WEP is disabled?

  • From: Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:31:50 -0700 (PDT)

I just installed my wireless router but I disabled WEP because I couldn't
connect my laptop to the network.  As long as I have my firewalls up to the
highest setting (using latest ZoneAlarm), will my files and web surfing be
protected?

I generated a passphrase and entered it into the laptop settings but it still
would not connect to the internet.  I am running Windows XP on both machines
and am using Netgear wireless router and laptop card (108mbps 802.11g).