[triadtechtalk] Re: New Computer/ Win7 Upgrade

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:39:22 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/2009 10:34:51 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
fidelis1sob@xxxxxxxxx writes:

You  meant to say DOS is FAT16, I'm sure.
.

Heck been so long memory is froze.....I have to do some  long hard thinking
of the danged dos commands when some one brings me an old pc  and begs to
make it run for their grand kids....lol.....am getting to the  point anymore
that when I wake up have to think why I did wake up and what do I  have to
do.....lol.......

and Brian..... take a look at the deals Staples and  Office Depot are
offering... besides Dell and HP sites..... know you can easily  pick up a very
nice working pc for lot less that what you are talking  about,,,,and another
thing..... you are naming the priciest  cpu Intel  has..... drop back to the
i5 and be doing same speed..... lots less bucks.....  and also 64 bit
programing works lot faster than 32 and you wont need all the  hotshot high
cost
stuff to make it go..... I am using a HP box with a dual core  chip running
1.8 ghz and 64 bit.... 4 gig ram... an its fasy with win7 pro.....  does all
one may want and easy to use....
  big fast fancy rigs are ok.. but need to take a long  look at what do you
want it all for...... programing makes for lots of the  response in the
machine.... so if its a decent speed can really afford better  programing and
have better results ....   chuck...in  Ok