[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville, TN

  • From: Frank Fekel <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:32:24 -0500 (CDT)

Migration is winding down but I made another attempt to search for
Connecticut and Mourning Warblers at Radnor Lake on Wednesday
morning from about 7-9 am.  Conditions were cool, overcast, foggy,
and a bit of drizzle from time to time.

I was pleasantly surprised that there was indeed some warbler
activity including a few migrants, but I neither heard or saw
Connecticuts or Mournings.  These stealth birds escaped my radar
detection.  I had 9 warbler species and talked to other birders who
had 2 more.

Warblers at Radnor:
N. Parula
Magnolia
Blackburnian
Yellow-throated
Bay-breasted
Black-and-white
Prothonotary
L. Waterthrush
Kentucky
Canada
Yellow-breasted Chat

Also seen or heard were a Philadelphia Vireo, an Osprey, Gray-cheeked
and Swainson's Thrushes.

Frank Fekel
Tennessee State University
Center of Excellence in Information Systems
330 10th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37203  USA