[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville TN

  • From: fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:47:30 -0600 (CST)

Radnor Lake State Natural Area
Otter Creek Road
Nashville, Davidson Co., TN

Jan Shaw's post of yesterday and my wife's urging caused me to make my
first foray of the spring at Radnor.  It was a duel mission since I
also picked up my parking pass for the year.  At long bridge I met
Richard Connors coming the other way around the lake.  He mentioned a
report of an accipitor nest, which we later saw as well as a watchful
bird.

Winter birds are still in abundance but several harbingers of things
to come have arrived as well, including N. ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWs,
frequently fussing BLUE-GRAY GNATCHATCHERs, and singing LOUISIANA
WATERTHRUSHes.

Birds included
Mallard 3
Gadwall 12