[SI-LIST] Re: UltraCAD ESR and Bypass Capacitor Caculator

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Mayer" <mwmayer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:26:49 -0700

If the location of decoupling capacitors matters, perhaps some technical
demonstration would prove that.  Short of such a demonstration, this is
speculation and not the sort of thing that should be used to make design
choices.

It's time to do some good engineering on this subject and do away with
opinion.  The UMR paper is good engineering.  Anyone who chooses to
disagree with it has the burden of showing where it is wrong by using some
good science.

Lee

Lee Ritchey
leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx