[SI-LIST] Re: UltraCAD ESR and Bypass Capacitor Caculator

  • From: "Peterson, James F (FL51)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:18:44 -0700

Doug,

In regards to :

<snip>
1. The reason we wrote the calculator in the first place was because we
couldn't figure out how to make the frequency response calculation for an
arbitrary number of capacitors with arbitrary values, inductance and ESR
any other way. Then we figured others might have the same problem and would
like access to the same tool.
<snip>

We've been having excellent results doing this very thing using PSPICE.

We get complete control over ESR and ESL values, qty of caps, and their
values.

We plot the results as ohms and freq (log) - which requires a little
config...

regards,
Jim Peterson

info at www.ultracad.com