[rollei_list] Re: OT Estate Tex (was Re: Copyright Law)

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:20:52 -0500

Hi Eric,

So, you would also group farmers and small family business owners in with
the "very wealthiest" "top 3-4%" I guess.  The current structure basically
makes it impossible for families to continue in family businesses.

Also, the current laws discourage saving.  I should spend all my money so
that my kids don't get hit with a %50 tax when I die.  That's nonsense.

It doesn't matter who the law effects if it's wrong.  And this is just plain
wrong.  If we thought that way, why are there rules in place for minorities?
For disabled people?  For anyone except the majority?

Income tax is one thing.  Estate tax is another.  AGAIN, the tax has already
been paid on this money when it was earned.  Why should it be taxed yet
again?

Regards,

Austin