[rollei_list] Re: OT Estate Tex (was Re: Copyright Law)

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:20:27 -0500

At 11:37 AM 12/3/2009, Austin Franklin wrote:

>> So, Austin, it seems that you come from a family
>> which is both in that upper 3% of the
>> asset-wealthy and which was so inept as not to
>> engage in sound estate planning.
>
>Who said my parents didn't?  Marc, you're opining when you simply do not
>have the facts.  And, you're wrong.  But, the facts of my family estate are
>not relevant to the discussion.

Then, as you suggested to Frank, quit whining. Either your family got slammed by inheritance taxes -- and, since the late 1980's, this would only have happened had your family been uber-rich and had done no estate planning -- or it wasn't. But, in either case, quit whining. Even Columbia grads can fall into error. Hell, I am a Yale graduate, and the list of my mistakes is embarrasingly large.

I completely agree with you that death taxes are wrong, but, then, I feel that anything other than the Fair Tax is wrong. Well, no, let me amplify that: as a rational anarchist, I feel that all taxation is theft. A close friend once said, "the only way to accept taxation is to accept the naked power of the State to rob you of your goods and chattels". But, if we have to have a gummit and if we have to have taxation, let's go with the Fair Tax.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!