[rollei_list] Re: OT Estate Tex (was Re: Copyright Law)

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:33:48 -0500

Marc,

>  >> So, Austin, it seems that you come from a family
>  >> which is both in that upper 3% of the
>  >> asset-wealthy and which was so inept as not to
>  >> engage in sound estate planning.
>  >
>  >Who said my parents didn't?  Marc, you're opining when you simply do not
>  >have the facts.  And, you're wrong.  But, the facts of my
> family estate are
>  >not relevant to the discussion.
>
> Then, as you suggested to Frank, quit
> whining.

I'm not whining.  I'm expressing my opinion on why I think a particular tax
is wrong/unfair.  It had nothing to do with my own personal experience.  I
don't have to have personal experience with murder to know it's wrong.

> Either your family got slammed by
> inheritance taxes -- and, since the late 1980's,
> this would only have happened had your family
> been uber-rich and had done no estate planning --
> or it wasn't.

Why can't you get that it has nothing to do with MY family?  Get over that.
My only reason for mentioning them was that I had first hand experience WITH
the estate tax.  That doesn't imply at all that we got "slammed" by it.  It
simply means I know what the rules were at the time of my mother's death.

> I completely agree with you that death taxes are
> wrong...

OK...

But you should still apologize for comments aimed at my parents "seeming to
be...so inept" and "slackers", which were (and are) completely unfounded.
That was inappropriate.

Austin