[rollei_list] Re: OT Estate Tex (was Re: Copyright Law)

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:04:28 -0500

Richard -

While there are a small number (in percentage terms) of exception, in
the vast majority of the cases property tax is progressive. You (and
I) lived in a rarefied world of atypical locations/appreciation till
the bubble burst, but relatively few experience these inequities
compared with the total pool of folks who own property. In other
words, this is another top 3-4% scenario, just like the Estate Tax
is...

While the US tax system is certainly not perfect, it is certainly
generally progressive...

Eric Goldstein